Saturday, October 5, 2013

The opposite gender

I have high expectations. High expectations of myself, my friends, my family, and of men. This can be both a curse and a blessing, especially the men part. This leads me to the subject of this post: men, guys, dudes. Those members of the opposite sex that overtime can lead to a marked decrease in the sanity of the rest of the population.

I have never had the best luck with guys. Actually I take that back, I had a great first boyfriend my sophomore year of high school and had another one that left me no better or worse for the wear. Other than that, my experience with the other gender has been the typical college one-night stand (more than I would like to admit) and one attempt at dating that fizzled out after two weeks. Pathetic I know.

Now that I have mended my slightly promiscuous ways, I have come to the conclusion that most guys my age are worthless. All they want is sex and can’t hold an intelligent conversation. Being mature females, we expect these guys to be at the same level as us intellectually. Who are we kidding? Despite the fact men are supposed to mature in college, they still cling to their high school ways.

So the point of this seemingly feminist ranting is this: don’t stress yourself out. You are smart, beautiful, and are probably trying to figure out your path in this world as a young, smart woman. It is so not worth it to stress out about guys right now. They don’t know what they are missing! If you are like me, I am more of the introverted, brainy type that has read Harry Potter five times, drinks tea and likes classical music. We are the best kind of girls (obviously!) in the fact we are sure of ourselves and have enough self-worth to take care of our souls. Don’t sacrifice that for a guy that is still under the impression that video gaming is cool and can’t cook himself dinner.


I know some of your friends are engaged and you are worried about dying alone with 17 cats but trust me you are better off. Get your own shit together before you take on the shit of an overgrown man-child. 

No comments:

Post a Comment